Friday, February 22, 2013

Blog #10

1. language can say a lot about.... anything especially when taking a survey. When I take a survey and I do not know what a word mean I will just guess on the question and hopefully it will be good enough. With respect to Gee, discourse plays a lot in survey's. I will not be interested in taking a survey about sports. So if  had to take a sports survey I will not put my best effort into it. If I am taking a cooking/  baking survey, I will be more interested in taking it because that is what I am interested in. It all depends on what discourse community you belong to and what sparks your interest.

2. There are many different types of information that can be collected from surveys. For example, just before writing this post i took a survey on a weather website. The survey consisted of looking for ways to improve their website. More information can be conducted to see if a college class can be run any smoother just as an another example. It all depends on what input you need to make whatever the survey is about. It depends on what the survey is about. You can collect information on anything you want. It all depends on the situation. An example can be information on how you like a particular cookbook of what other people would like to see in a cookbook.

3. There are many challenges that people face when making up surveys. For me my biggest fear when creating a survey is for it to be basis. You would want the survey to suit everybody's needs and not make anyone feel angered by the survey. Another challenge when creating a survey is figuring out what language to use. You do not want the language to be too difficult so that the surveyors do not understand. at the same time you do not want the surveyors to think that this survey is not for them and that is it too young for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment